Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kids Bathroom: Splish Splash

I wanted the main bathroom to have a fun feel but not too kid like. I continued the lime green into this room as I think it looks great with the greys. The bench top and cabinets are Laminex 'New Graphite'. I decided to delete the usual strip of tiles over the bench and instead continue the mirror down to the bench top. I think the framed mirror gives a nice finished feel compared to the unframed style.



I had originally planned to do a couple of framed prints to add the fun feel. But then I won a competition and the prize was $200 voucher for 'The Wall Sticker Company' - I chose this giraffe (and a chalkboard calendar you'll see in my study post).

The Wall Sticky Company: Gemmi the Giraffe

These tea towel racks from Kmart are great for hand towels in the bathroom. Mine are slightly different style.


The bathroom is hard space to get a photos of so I put together this little collage...


I wouldn't usually talk about toilets but I wanted share this toilet seat for any families with young children. These toilet seats are great. The small toilet seat folds down for the little ones but then fits inside the lid for adult use. No need to add plastic insert for kids that often wobble around, most of all no need to try store it or have it resting on floor etc. You can purchase one similar from Bunnings - Toilet Seat



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you use the closest matching grout or go lighter?

Lime & Mortar said...

I went with light grey as that was the closest colour to the tile. If always go lighter grout to the tile though as darker grout would stand out too much. Dark grout with light tile only works if you're making a feature of that tile

Anonymous said...

Did you use the closest matching grout or go lighter?

Anonymous said...

Oh don't know why my comment doubled spontaneously!

Unknown said...

Kindly post the layout of the bathroom. Is the water closet in front of the lavatory?

Lime & Mortar said...

Caroline if you click on the 'My Home' tab you will see my full floorplan. The WC is seperate

Unknown said...

Here at Die Fliesenleger we use our social media platforms to engage positively on a wide range of topics that we feel will be of interest or benefit to our users. We actively encourage our users to comment and debate on any post we share, in an intelligent and constructive manner.

Post a Comment