Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Scullery: Little Luxury

I'm lucky to have the luxury of a scullery in my home as well as the walk-in-pantry. This room is where my bench top appliances live. Its a place for our dishwasher and dirty dishes etc. Above the kettle in the overheads we have our mugs, tea, coffee and so on. I've kept everything fairly neutral in here, no colour pops like the rest of the house. I love my white kmix appliances, whilst they are a modern style they wont date.


The scullery also forms the entrance for my laundry (where the bin is). It's great having a window in here, i don't feel like I'm standing in a cupboard making toast or doing some dishes. 


From standing at laundry entrance i can get slightly better photo of all the cabinetry. Cupboards are Laminex 'New Graphite' and bench top is Essastone 'New Basmati'. 



The splashback was a last minute change. I didn't like the builders standard tiles but didn't want to pay the extreme prices the builder was going to charge. I decided to go purchase some pretty tiles and took a chance at asking the tilers to lay them instead of the ugly plain builders ones. They didn't speak much English and just went with it. I'm so glad i made this change as the tiles are so pretty especially when the sunlight hits them.




9 comments:

Kat - The Organised Housewife said...

This would be an amazing space to have!

Lime & Mortar said...

Thank you, it really is. Can I say I'm little star struck to see your name pop up in my email notifications hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, the scullery! FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Love the tiles - can you give me some information on them please... love your kitchen too :)

Lime & Mortar said...

Hey, the tiles are called Bloom Blanco 200x500 - from European ceramics

Anonymous said...

They are in the builders range now

Anonymous said...

I love your colour choices Leanne, great to relive your build :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely colour combinations. Do you remember what wall paint colour you are using ?

Lime & Mortar said...

My wall colour is Dulux Silkwort 1/4

Post a Comment