Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tip: Remove Crayon from Chalkboard

We made the kids a giant chalkboard in our backyard (still yet to blog the play area). Master T found a yellow crayon and created a giant 'treasure map'.


I actually didn't realise it was crayon until it rained for a few days and the master piece remained. I did a quick google search and many pages suggested magic eraser. Being such a large area i knew i would go through packets to erase it all. I decided to try the other popular suggestion. . .WD-40


I did a test patch first as i wasn't completely convinced this was going to work. I sprayed it on and wiped it away with a damp cloth. To my surprise it worked and it worked well


I sprayed a patch & wiped it down and kept going patch by patch. Once i was done i gave it a quick hose down and ta-da clean chalkboard ready for a chalk (not crayon) masterpiece.

Looks bit patchy as it was still wet when i took the photo


No comments:

Post a Comment