Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wall Decals

I've used quite a few wall decals between my old house and my current house. Mostly only in the kids spaces but i have used a wall decal in my old laundry and now in my current study.
Wall decals are fantastic way to add character to a kids room specially if you want to keep the walls neutral. This way you can add bit of colour and/or interest without the need to paint.

There is a huge range of shops and online stores you can purchase wall decals from. Though becareful with the cheaper ebay ones. I've only purchased a robot one from ebay and it didn't stick properly and the sticker itself was quite thick so i removed it and had My Friend Matilda recreate the wall decal for me (its now a stocked item). I prefer the very thin ones so once applied its almost like paint.

The decals below are all from My Friend Matilda & The Wall Sticker Company

I have gold triangle decals on their way for the study and silver polka dots for when i redo the kids play zone. I ordered them from US companies so I'm looking forward to seeing what the quality is like and how the metallic stickers look. I'm sure applying them in straight lines is going to be the hardest part.

Gemmie GiraffeChalkboard CalendarTree with BirdsRobotTree with MonkeyChandelier with Birds

Tips when applying wall decals:
  • Do not apply to freshly painted walls- wait a minimum of 3 weeks
  • Clean the wall with a damp cloth to remove any dust - allow wall to completely dry
  • Use a bank card to remove air bubbles as your apply
  • When removing the backing paper/plastic don't pull it out from the wall, slide is down along the wall. This helps avoid pulling the sticker away from the wall
  • If you want to remove the wall sticker use a hair dryer to heat glue as you remove


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore the tree with birds. It is perfectly suited to the room. We have been renting various houses for the past 10 years, so I have found wall decals particularly good for personalising my kids' rooms. I have successfully managed to transfer the decals from one apartment to the next. I don't plan to use them when our own house is built, but mainly because I will have the option to fix paintings to the walls, of which we have plenty. However, my girls will be 10 and 9 by then, so they'll probably have their own plans and I'm not letting them choose paint colour - so maybe adding decals will be a good compromise.

albina N muro said...

Personalised wall stickers for your home, workplace - anywhere! Fantastic prices, and easy to apply. Design online or customise our designs! personalized wall decal

Post a Comment